Monday, October 27, 2008

God, the Giver of Life

Wow, this weekend was a whirlwind of emotions. It began on Friday morning, before school when we got a phone call from Bryan's mom that Ileeta Watson had passed away. Ileeta was a precious woman and friend of ours. She was one of Bryan's Mom's best friends for as long as Jan can remember. She has two daughters, Candace and Natalee. Candace grew up with Bryan and they were dear friends for years. I have had the privilege to get to know Candace in the recent years and am blessed to call her my friend as well. Her sweet mom battled cancer for over 5 years and her earthly body gave up on Thursday night. I was overwhelmed with emotions. I think I cried all morning on Friday. Bryan always says that the Lord doesn't have any surprises. He knew all along that He would bring Ileeta home on Thursday night. The funeral this morning was so sweet. Will, Frank, and Bryan's Dad spoke, along with Pastor John. Their words were so personal, funny, sincere, and full of love for Ileeta and her adorable family. The songs were beautiful and I know Ileeta smiled as she watched from heaven. She will be missed like crazy, but we KNOW that she is in a better place...with a cancer free body and with Jesus.





And, while the Lord took a special life to heaven on Thursday night, He delivered a special life to earth on Friday night! My dear friend, Paige, gave birth to a beautiful baby girl, Finley Grace! Finley was 7 pounds 12 ounces and 19 inches long. She is just perfect! Congratulations Paige and Jordan! I love you both!



"The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else. From one man he made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live. God did this so that men would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from each one of us. 'For in him we live and move and have our being.' As some of your own poets have said, 'We are his children." Acts 17:24-28

It is with a heavy heart that I said Goodbye to Ileeta this weekend, but with a joyful heart that I praised the Lord for little Finley Grace this weekend.

Much love,
Becca

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Becca, I wish I could have seen you under happier circumstances, but it was such a blessing to spend a few minutes with you today. I cannot tell you how much joy it gave me to see your baby bump! Praise the Lord! We love you guys so much.

Jill said...

Finley is beautiful and I had no idea what you were going through this weekend! I thought about you many times, but thought you were just celebrating with your family. Call me when you get a chance! Love ya!

that boy mitch, big O, and me! said...

Becca, I am so glad I got to see you and your precious belly this weekend. I wish it was under happier circumstances, but we all know how happy Ileeta is now. Singing God's praises in Heaven :) Love you guys so much!