This is one of my favorite recipes ever! I got a recipe for salsa from a teacher friend of mine a couple years ago and I have made a few changes to make it my own.
FRESH SALSA
2 -3 fresh jalapenos (I keep the seeds too, but if you don't like your salsa to be hot, take out the seeds or use jalapenos from a jar)
1/2 yellow onion
1 Tbsp minced garlic
3 15 oz. cans original stewed tomatoes
5 fresh Roma tomatoes
1/2 tsp. salt
1 Tbsp ground cumin
juice from 1 lime
1/2 tsp. sugar
3/4 of a bunch of fresh cilantro
1) Cut the stems off the jalapenos, and quarter the onion. Put jalapenos, onion, and garlic in food processor. Chop fine.
2) Quarter Roma tomatoes. Cut thick ends off of the cilantro. Quarter the lime and squeeze juice into the food processor. Add Roma tomatoes, cilantro, and remaining ingredients to the food processor. Turn on the food processor until all ingredients are well blended and tomatoes are chopped fine.
** I only measure the salt, cumin, and sugar. The rest of the ingredients I increase or decrease each time depending on the taste. Sometimes the cilantro is super strong and I use less. Sometimes the cilantro has a weak flavor and I use more. The number of jalapenos depends on how spicy they are as well. I always buy 3 or 4 and use 2 first. Add more if you like it hot! I usually buy a few extra tomatoes too just in case I accidently get it too spicy! Enjoy!
Please share one or two of your favorite recipes as a comment. I would love to try out something new. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
this is a yummy dip...
you need:
16 ounce sour cream
8 ounce cream cheese
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
some amount (1/2 a cup or whatever looks good) of chopped green onions
3 ounce jar of (real) bacon pieces
you just:
soften the cream cheese enough to be able to stir all the ingredients together. put the mixture in a pie plate and bake in the oven for 30ish minutes at around 350-400...something (you are just trying to make it warm and bubbly).
serve with wheat thins or get real fancy and use a hollowed sourdough loaf instead of a pie plate and dip the leftover bread.
It is super yummy and easy...every time I bring it somewhere my pie plate is licked clean :)
Becca - we made your salsa recipe this weekend and Ryan is in LOVE! We didn't realize it would make so much, so he's enjoyed snacking on it for several days. Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment