Friday, November 27, 2009

Whew!

We just returned last night from a 14 hour road-trip to visit family in Georgia! The boys were awesome. Nathan was just a little cranky the last few hours of the drive home on Friday. In fact, when we finally pulled into our driveway on Friday night, my sister and I looked at each other and said, "That wasn't so bad." :) Jason (my brother-in-law) and Bryan sat in the front seats, Jenn (my sister) and Vivi (my niece) sat in the captain chairs, and I sat in the back between Nathan and Jordan. It was a wild and crazy road-trip but we sure did laugh a lot! We definitely got a good laugh when Jenn spilled a whole box of Mike-And-Ikes in the floor of the van, when I spilled a bottle of milk in my lap, when Vivi thought Bryan's "flatulent"App. on his phone was so funny, or when Jenn and I both admitted that we didn't tell many people that all 7 of us were driving in the same car to Georgia for Thanksgiving! We were too embarrassed to tell anyone because we thought everyone would think we were absolutely CRAZY! And, we might be. But, we made some great family holiday memories. :) Believe it or not: All seven of us are still friends after our week of family fun.

We finally made it to Memom's house and Aunt Laura had a special surprise for Princess Vivi...her very own "Fancy Nancy" crown, a "Fancy Nancy" tutu, and a new "Fancy Nancy" book. Vivi thought this was the greatest! Thanks for always making us feel so special, Aunt Laura!
Jordan and Nathan in their turkey shirts on Thanksgiving Day sitting in front of a BIG magnolia tree in my grandparents front yard.
Jason, Jenn and Vivi on Thanksgiving Day.
Grandaddy and Nathan :)
Mama was cookin' up a great meal! I should have worn elastic waste pants that day. We come from a family of women that know how to cook! That kitchen smelled so yummy.
While we were waiting for lunch on Thursday, Vivi got to run around in Memom's HUGE yard...brought back great childhood memories!
We tried to get a picture of the three cousins at my Memom Beam's house. When we told Vivi to put her arms around the boys, this is the picture we got. HA!
Memom Beam had her tree up. YAY! I LOVE Christmas decorations on Thanksgiving. :)

Memom Beam had a special early Christmas gift for Nathan and Jordan. Betsi (my super sweet cousin) helped Nathan open his present.
New toys!
Walking to the backyard to see the hunting dogs...The boys love dogs. Vivi thought these dogs were the 101 Dalmations. She cracks me up! 3 dogs or 101? She has quite an imagination and I love it!

Jordan loved the windows in Memom's sun portch. Thank goodness we had really great weather while we were there.

We had a special Thanksgiving and I hope you did too.
Much love,
Becca

1 comment:

Angela said...

We all have so much to be thankful for! Have a great week! Only a few more weeks until Christmas!