Sunday, January 30, 2011

One More Week...

until middle school basketball season is over!  I am one tired Mama.  I guess it is so hard when Bryan's not home much because he is SUPER-DAD when he is home.  Don't get me wrong...I am so thankful to be so tired.  I LOVE every minute of being splashed and getting soaking wet during bathtime.  I LOVE feeling crazy when the boys are having screaming competitions at the supper table and I have to put two boys in time out and explain that it is really bad manners to scream at the table.  I LOVE reading stories when Jordan says "one more" and Nathan says "booooook" over and over again each night.  It is my pleasure.  It is my honor.  It is humbling to begin to think that the Lord thinks I am actually capable of being Nathan and Jordan's Mommy. 

After leaving home and going to college (many years ago), I was so thankful for the responsibilities my parents instilled in me. Nathan and Jordan are very happy helpers!  I'm not too naive.  I realize that there will be a day that they are just helpers, not happy helpers.  But for now, they find joy in their chores.  They have three responsibilities at home: 
1) Clean up their toys. 
2) Help me take the mail from the mailbox to the table for Daddy to find when he gets home. 
3) Feed Cooper. 

Nathan and Jordan take their job of feeding Cooper very seriously. Sometimes Jordan will point at Cooper and point to the bowl of food.  Then, he will say, "Cooper.  Eat.  Cooper.  Food.  Eat."  My sweet Jordy can be quite bossy.

2 comments:

Angela said...

Love this post! So true....What an honor it is!

Jill said...

I just love their sweet faces! You are such a good Mama, but I had no doubt you would be! :)