Saturday, May 14, 2011

It's Potty Time!

Well sort of.  Jordan has been so interested in all things "pottyish" recently.  He wakes up in the middle of the night and early in the morning asking us to change his diaper because it is "wet."  He lets us know when he is stinky.  However, Nathan has not shown any interest at all.  So, we bought the coolest toddler potty we could find in hopes that it will keep Jordan's interest and eventually attract Nathan's interest.  We plan on having a serious potty intervention in the late summer or fall...just whenever we think they are both ready.  But, these boys sure were excited about their new potty tonight.  Jordy cried big tears when I made him get up and go play.  Wish us luck!  And, if you have any great potty pointers, please share!





Oops!  I guess we might need to get a second potty!

5 comments:

Jill said...

I just LOVE these little guys! When you are feeling frustrated with this potty talk...remember Anna Claire was THREE and she didn't care one bit! :)

Angela said...

We have a princess one that sings....wish us luck too! ;0

Samantha said...

Love it. Nothing better than an official Cars potty! My only advice is once you start, go all the way. Skip the pull-ups. Good luck, they will do great!

Anonymous said...

We are SO much alike! I just bought Finley a pretty potty too....sat it in the restroom to peak her " interest" as well. She tells me all the time that she does not WANT to go on the potty but would rather have a new ernie or cookie monster diaper. HA HA!!!! I am hoping to tackle it in the summer too. It seems daunting and miserable and everyone has so many opinions on how to do it.

A Dahl's Life said...

All I know about successful potty training I learned from this blog: http://themoseshome.blogspot.com/2011/05/privacy-please.html