We LOVED spending time as a family this Christmas. I have never cherished it more. We are so thankful to have Carson and Harper here to celebrate with us. They are our miracle babies and we will never take that for granted. Last year at this time, I was in the hospital for the holiday season. I was thrilled to make a huge mess in my kitchen making Christmas cookies with the big boys. It was a pleasure to wrap every Christmas gift and tie the perfect bow on top. I loved every minute of cooking for every family gathering. I ATE IT UP. ALL OF IT. I got super tickled when we bowed our heads to pray at supper and Nathan volunteered to pray. Then, as soon as our eyes were closed, he sings, "You better watch out. You better not pout. You better not cry I'm telling you why. Santa Claus is coming to town!" Oh mercy. We have had many discussions about the true meaning of Christmas. We have read books about the Baby Jesus. We have made Him the focus in our home. But, for this almost-5-year-old, I'm sure the Lord loved his song about obedience.
We celebrated our Savior with the extended CALVERT FAMILY first. Nathan and Jordan sure do love spending time with these cousins at Aunt Mary's house!
Jordan was so excited to open a tower of markers! Aunt Emily knows what he likes! Nathan loved his new Hulk too!
Sleepy Harper
Sleepy Carson
We spent the next morning at Gram and PaPa's house! I know I say it every year, but I sure do love this Calvert Family Christmas Pajama Breakfast tradition!
We love Aunt Libby!
My happy little munchkins -
I love having a girl. We're gonna be tight, me and Harper. Pedicures, baby dolls, Barbies, shopping, long talks, hugs, books, hair bows, jewelry, clothes, smarts. She's my little muffin. I love having a girl.
My boys. Oh the thrill of being a boys' mom! They keep me in stitches. They will grow up to be mighty warriors. That little Carson has quite a charge himself. I know the Lord spared him, and ya'll that is a big deal. We know he was spared for God's glory. I know I have told you before that I love the book by Max Lucado titled, "It's Not About Me." Little Carson didn't live just for the sake of my mother's heart. He lived for the sake of the testimony his life and survival will bring to the glory of God. Isn't that something?
"For from him and through him and for him are all things.
To him be the glory forever! Amen" Romans 11:36
"God does not have an ego problem. He does not reveal His glory for His good. We need to witness it for ours."-Max Lucado, It's Not About Me
We do realize that many parents lose their precious babies because of pre-term labor. Carson and Harper were not any more special, or any more chosen than other babies. We are so sensitive to the tender hearts of these parents, grandparents, and loved ones. I believe these struggles are also for the same purpose, to make Him known and reveal His glory.
When there's four kids, there's never a great picture...just keepin' it real.
Libby and Brad with their fur babies! We sure did miss little Bentley this year. He was loved by all of us. But, we were thankful to have our furry cousin, Remi, join the family in 2013!
These two boys really do love each other. I need to post this picture on my fridge and remind them that they love each other when they are fighting..."He touched my Legos! He's in my way! Nathan's not listening to me! Jordan's not letting me do this!" Oh my goodness.
Nathan was giddy for Granny to open his special gift. We took the boys to the Dollar Store to spend money from their very own piggy bank for their grandparents. Nathan spotted this shiny silver hand mirror and immediately picked it up for Granny. This boy has a special place in his heart for making others happy.
Now on to CHRISTMAS MORNING! Each of our kids got three things from Santa but when there's four kids, it sure does look like quite the loot!
I start cringing every time the boys get these light sabers out to play...they haven't broken anything yet but I'm sure that time is coming!
Look at these little buddies! I could hug them and kiss them and hug them and kiss them over and over and over again!
Jordan opened his Spiderman puzzle from Nathan and then...
...this precious brother hug happened!! Totally warms my heart.
And Carson is so DONE with pictures! See ya later dude!
These kids could rip into some packages! Paper was flying everywhere!
Nathan was so excited to unwrap a Superman costume from MeMe and Grandad. He had put the Superman Costume on his Santa list. He was really funny on Christmas morning when the Superman costume wasn't under the tree. He said, "Well that's okay. Maybe Santa just didn't see it because it was on the back of my list." Sweet Tot.
Nathan gave Grandad a new calculator and Jordy picked out a book for Grandad.
Nathan picked out a fake flower for MeMe that I noticed she displayed proudly in a vase by her kitchen sink. He was so excited that she thought the flower was beautiful.
Be still my heart.
Jordy knew MeMe liked pretty handsoap. This is also displayed proudly in the guest bathroom. I'm so thankful that the boys enjoyed digging into their piggy banks to GIVE this year.
Now that's a reason to celebrate!
When there's four kids, there's never a great picture...just keepin' it real.
Libby and Brad with their fur babies! We sure did miss little Bentley this year. He was loved by all of us. But, we were thankful to have our furry cousin, Remi, join the family in 2013!
These two boys really do love each other. I need to post this picture on my fridge and remind them that they love each other when they are fighting..."He touched my Legos! He's in my way! Nathan's not listening to me! Jordan's not letting me do this!" Oh my goodness.
We love Aunt Morgan and Uncle Chris!!
Cousins!!
And they're off....!!!!
I love this man.
Gram and PaPa and all their grandbabies!
Nathan was giddy for Granny to open his special gift. We took the boys to the Dollar Store to spend money from their very own piggy bank for their grandparents. Nathan spotted this shiny silver hand mirror and immediately picked it up for Granny. This boy has a special place in his heart for making others happy.
And some green "duck-man" tape
(as Nathan and Jordan call it) for PaPa!
(as Nathan and Jordan call it) for PaPa!
Jordan was super proud of his puzzle. He requested a picture.
Fun was had by all!
Now on to CHRISTMAS MORNING! Each of our kids got three things from Santa but when there's four kids, it sure does look like quite the loot!
I start cringing every time the boys get these light sabers out to play...they haven't broken anything yet but I'm sure that time is coming!
Nathan believes he is Buzz Lightyear himself.
These boys were hard at work with their new Lego sets right away!
Look at these little buddies! I could hug them and kiss them and hug them and kiss them over and over and over again!
The big brothers loved helping the babies open their gifts!
Jordan opened his Spiderman puzzle from Nathan and then...
...this precious brother hug happened!! Totally warms my heart.
My $1 loofah from my Nathan. I adore his heart! Jordy gave me some candles that smell like cinnamon. My boys know what I like. Sweet babies.
First time on the new big boy bikes!
Then we celebrated Christmas with my family. So much fun!!! We were super excited to have Jenn, Jay, Vivi, and Georgia back in Texas this year! I got lots of sugars from those girls!
I had to upload all three of these pictures just to capture the faces of Georgia! She cracks me up! I hope she never grows out of her spunky self!
And Carson is so DONE with pictures! See ya later dude!
These kids could rip into some packages! Paper was flying everywhere!
Nathan was so excited to unwrap a Superman costume from MeMe and Grandad. He had put the Superman Costume on his Santa list. He was really funny on Christmas morning when the Superman costume wasn't under the tree. He said, "Well that's okay. Maybe Santa just didn't see it because it was on the back of my list." Sweet Tot.
Nathan picked out a fake flower for MeMe that I noticed she displayed proudly in a vase by her kitchen sink. He was so excited that she thought the flower was beautiful.
Be still my heart.
Jordy knew MeMe liked pretty handsoap. This is also displayed proudly in the guest bathroom. I'm so thankful that the boys enjoyed digging into their piggy banks to GIVE this year.
The Reason for the Season:
"But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people. 11 Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah,the Lord." Luke 2:10-11
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16
Now that's a reason to celebrate!




1 comment:
Oh my word- precious overload! Love you guys!
Post a Comment