Friday, December 12, 2014

Gram and Jill to the Rescue!

So I get this flyer in the boys' folders last week about the Kindergarten Gingerbread House Making Party and it explains that the kids will need a parent to help.  The catch?...2:00 in the afternoon.  I immediately feel like loser because I'm a teacher.  I'm a working mom.  I'm not available to build Gingerbread houses at 2:00 in the afternoon on Thursday.  Ugh. Most of the time I can get my classes covered or take a half day off, but it's one week before semester exams...that's pressure at school.  My heart was torn.  I was sad to miss out on this activity with my boys but sometimes it's just not about me.  So how could I make sure this day was special for N and J?  I called in the troops...some of their most favorite people!  My parents were booked that day because my dad had a medical procedure...praising God that went smoothly and he's on the mend.  Gram and Jill came to the rescue!  Jill is my lifelong friend of 25 years and she just happens to teach at the boys school.
She was able to get her class covered and help Tot with his gingerbread house. 

Gram sacrificed her afternoon to help JP.  


The boys were tickled and felt super special!  That's what matters.  I'm so thankful for friends and family that can jump in to help our crazy family. 







And I have to add that the gingerbread houses digressed from here...when I got home N showed me the "bloody gingerbread man" on the roof of his house...


I was totally appalled and disturbed.  I told the boys there was no blood on gingerbread houses.  Gingerbread houses are fun and full of candy and happy and sweet and I went on and on.  When Bryan came home, I pulled him aside and told him how disturbed I was about the bloody gingerbread men.  He looked at me like I was a crazy lady with a chicken on my head.  He said, "They are five year old boys.  That's what boys do."  Oh goodness.  Will I ever be able to adjust to boys?!!?!!!  Atleast I am learning to find the humor in fart noises.  

No comments: