Being Mommy, teaching full time, keeping up with laundry, grading papers at night, cooking supper(sometimes) and keeping the house clean is quite a load! Therefore the blog gets the shaft late at night when I am so stinkin' tired that I can barely keep my eyes open. I'm sorry! Any working moms out there with words of encouragement? How do you find time to have your quiet time? I know I am not the Mom/teacher/wife/friend that I could be without my time with the Lord. I just haven't figured it out yet. Well, maybe I should get off my computer now to spend time in the Word. Duh. Oh, I was so jealous this morning. I called Paige to ask her a question. I was on my way to work. She was on her way to Biblestudy. You know, I LOVE my job. I LOVE all 90 of my 5th graders. I wouldn't trade it for any other job in the world. But, it is just plain hard some days to wear all my hats, and wear them with good spirits. But, that's enough of that.
So here are a few snippits from our week.
Cousin Luke celebrated his first birthday! Luke, Nathan, and Jordan are so close together in age. It will be so much fun to watch them grow up together.
Luke was not so much a fan of the cake. But, he did LOVE the ice cream!
Why do you need an engineering degree to open new toys these days? Luke was waiting so patiently for me to open his new boat. What a sweet boy!
On Sunday, we pulled for the Cowboys!
And, we celebrated Bryan's Mom's birthday! We finally got a picture of Bryce, Brayden, Jordan, and Nathan in the same frame. Bryce had to be bribed with a few pieces of candy. He does NOT like attention. :) They crack me up.
And, Brad and Libby came to visit. YAY! It was so much fun to see them. We miss them like crazy.




7 comments:
Girl,
If I were in Texas, I would bring you a BIG FRICKEN GRANDE PUMPKIN SPICE LATTE every FRIDAY in honor of your hard week at school and for congratulating you on wearing the many hats! I don't know how you do it.
I love you, and am always praying for you!
Friend, you have a lot on your plate! Have you read this verse before?
"He tends his flock like a shepherd:
He gathers the lambs in his arms
and carries them close to his heart;
he gently leads those that have young."
Isa. 40:11
I wish I had words of encouragement for you! Some days are harder than others but I constantly feel guilty about leaving Mack with someone else when I know I can give him the best care. I blame whoever invented working to pay bills.
I'm only working 3-4 days a week and still feel the same struggles as a full time working mom. My only suggestion is help with housework - either paid or unapid from the hubs. One woman cannot do it all - when moms take on the responsibility to provide financially for our famiy then we must have help in the other realms of keeping up the home. (at least that is how I view it) looking forward to reading more mom advise! - dre
I know it must be hard to wear all your hats, but you can do it! In Philippians 4:13, it says "I can do everything through him who gives me strength." The holidays will be here before you know it. Hang in there :)
I know how you feel! I loved going to Beth Moore's bible study on Tuesday nights and now I can't since I have to work the 3-10pm shift 3 days a week to avoid daycare. I am jealous of my friends who get to go. I just hope when Jarred gets done with school maybe I can go again on Tuesday nights.
I feel overwhelmed a lot but I love my job most of the time too!
I do have a lady that cleans the house every two weeks....she even does the laundry! That helps a lot!
I feel ya girl...let's pray for each other!!!! ;-)
I know exactly what you mean! I teach too and have a two year old! But I only have one...so I can't imagine how tired you are! But remember, they are only little once and so what if your blog only gets updated once a week!
Post a Comment