Thursday, July 22, 2010

Country, Huntin' Dogs, and Good Cookin'

We are back from Georgia.  What a great trip to visit family!  We survived the 14 hour car ride with two toddlers.  We did manage to check out every Chick-Fil-A and MacDonald's playground along Interstate 20.  Once the boys stretched their legs and played for a few minutes, we were good for a couple more hours on the road. 

The boys loved my grandparents' huge yards.  We just don't have yards like that in the Texas suburbs.  Nathan and Jordan played under my Memom and Grandaddy's magnolia tree...what great memories I have as a little girl playing underneath those trees.  Jenn and I loved catching lightning bugs with our cousins under that tree.

Nathan loved Memom Fuller's pretty hydrangas.  He loves to smell the flowers.  :)

There is a horse farm behind my grandparents' house and Jordan was in heaven.  He just loves horses right now so he was tickled to see like 30 horses in one place.  It is beautiful.


I wanted a picture with my boys...this is what I got.  So, when does this phase of not smiling for the camera end?  They are just such stinkers about that stinkin' camera right now!!
Nathan thought my Grandaddy's lift chair was as good as a ride at Six Flags.  He would sit in that big chair and push those buttons up and down and up and down and up and down.  What a ham!

Nathan and Jordan loved visiting the huntin' dogs in the backyard.  :)  I just can't call them "hunting dogs."  That sounds so wierd. 
Daddy spent some time coaching some basketball!

Daddy and Grandad found a playground for the boys to burn some energy.  :)

This was a big moment on the trip...the boys first whole piece of pizza!  My boys are FINALLY taking bites of things.  It cracks me up to see that big ol' piece of cheese pizza in their hands.  :) 

Side note: Jordan decided that he likes ketchup!  Yippee!!  I was hoping at least one of my boys would share my love for ketchup.  Nathan is still not a fan of ketchup.  But, I'm workin' on it.


We took this picture on my Aunt Laura's porch...still one of my most favorite places in the world.  My Aunt Laura is a fabulous hostess and I love her pretty back porch that overlooks her pretty swimming pool, flower pots, the woods, the garden...it is just so peaceful.  It can warm anyone's heart.

We were so blessed to spend last week with family.  Can't wait to go back and visit again!

2 comments:

Angela said...

What a beautiful place. I would love to look out and see 30 horses too! What a great time.

Ava is not a big fan of pics right now either! ;-(

Anonymous said...

Great pics, Becca...and of course, you are beautiful in every one! What a special time for your whole family.