Today was my first day back to work. It was bittersweet. I LOVE my job and I LOVE my school kids. They are all so precious, fun, energetic, brilliant, funny, goofy, wise...I could go on and on. I adore my teacher friends. What would I do without my teammates?? They are amazing women that have also been called to spend their days with 5th Graders. Such joy! These kids crack us up and keep us smiling all day. I was overwhelmed with handmade cards from my kids, flowers, plants, gifts for the babies, a Starbucks card for me (now how did that parent know I might need some caffiene?!) I told someone today I had been out of work for 20 weeks but it's longer than that. I was on bedrest for 20 total weeks and the babies are 8 weeks old. So I have been away from my classroom for 28 weeks. That's crazy. Thankfully our faculty, parents, and kids have welcomed me back with open arms. It was really a lovely day. I was so sad to be away from my babies. Crosswalk duty after school felt like an eternity because I was so anxious to get home. I was so happy to walk in the door and cuddle my sweet Harper and Carson. The big boys came home a little later after an afternoon with MeMe and Grandad. I just couldn't get enough hugs and kisses. BUT, I made it through Day 1 and I really enjoyed it too!


Then tonight, I sure did appreciate this sweet sister-brothers moment...
These big brothers sure do love their baby brother and sister. By the way, how do you like Jordy's pj choice? Isn't that nice {wink}? My dear friend, Jill, taught me to let my kids wear whatever they wanted to for pjs because they can find all the ownership and creativity in that. Whereas I always pick out their clothes. I always thought that was great parenting advice. Nathan and Jordan both always look forward to picking out their own pjs at night and mismatching the tops and bottoms. So, I am passing along this advice to you. Let the kids pick out the pjs and let them wear all the character pjs they want. It could be the tackiest set of pjs from the store and we probably own it and the boys love it. HA!
No comments:
Post a Comment