Monday, April 1, 2013

The Lord is Risen Indeed!

MATTHEW 28 "Now after the Sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary came to look at the grave. And behold, a severe earthquake had occurred, for an angel of the Lord descended from heaven and came and rolled away the stone and sat upon it. And his appearance was like lightning, and his clothing as white as snow. The guards shook for fear of him and became like dead men. The angel said to the women, “[a]Do not be afraid; for I know that you are looking for Jesus who has been crucified. He is not here, for 
He has risen, just as He said." 

On Easter Sunday morning we get together with family, eat a great meal, the Easter bunny comes...but the most important thing about Easter is celebrating the resurrection of Jesus.  The empty tomb!  The fulfilled promise!  He is the reason we have hope.  He IS our hope!  

This Easter was very unconventional for us.  Since Carson is still not able to go to public places, we were not able to go to church on Sunday.  We sure did miss worshiping on Easter with our church family.  It will be a glorious day when we can get out and about with little Carson.  

The Easter Bunny visited all FOUR of our kids.  Sometimes I just pinch myself because I can not believe I have FOUR kids!  HA!



Notice the Teenage Mutan Ninja Turtle?  They are totally  making a comeback and I could not be more excited!!  "Epic!"  "Heroes in a half-shell! Turtle Power!"  Oh and neon is all over the clothing and shoe stores lately...this makes my 80's and early 90's heart so happy!




Nathan and Jordan were excited to open the babies' Easter baskets and show them their new goodies!




Too much activity so early in the morning...the babies were already needing a little nap!



We enjoyed lunch at my parents house...my Mama can cook a good holiday meal!  And, of course, we had to take the photo opportunity.

Our family of SIX!  What a blessing!


MeMe and Grandad with the kids...


We sure did miss these cute California cousins at MeMe's house!  So happy we have facebook and text messages to share pictures when we miss each other.  Can you believe Jenn made Vivi and Georgia's dresses?  So cute!  I would have given anything to hug these two necks yesterday.  Breaks my heart to be so far away.  Happy, beautiful girls...


All my little ones...maybe next year's picture will be better? HA!


The BIG Calvert Crew...



Gram and PaPa with their grandkids...


And this one melts my heart...my little niece, "A" (that's what I call her.  it just seems to fit.)  I just cried tears when I opened up this picture tonight.  Look at A holding Carson's hand.  Sweetest thing ever!



Then we drove down the street and around the corner for an annual Easter Egg Hunt at Granny's house.  So much fun! The boys had a blast with all the cousins!  There are ten babies in this picture.  Carson and Harper weren't here and 3 of Bryan's sweet cousins are pregnant.  That means next year this picture will have FIVE more cousins!  Us Calverts sure do love babies!!
 The hunt...





What a special day!

3 comments:

Ellen said...

Love the picture of your family of six! So awesome! Hope your first few days back to work went well!!

Amber Rader said...

Glad y'all had a happy Easter! Hope to see your cuties in person someday!

Jill said...

I just ADORE your family of SIX and it thrills my heart to see what the Lord has in store for you all!

Love you MUCH! What a fun Easter!