This Wednesday the boys will play their last tee-ball game
of the season. They have had a blast and both of them have improved a ton. I’m
happy that I was able to assist the coach and steal a little extra quality time
with my boys every week. Plus, I find it beneficial to be arms length away
during the games- because they are still four and a lack of focus can be an
issue at times. Both boys were overly
thrilled on the nights when they were awarded their game balls. They are now
proudly on display on top of the playroom shelf. I’m already looking forward to
next season and I pray that it continues to be a fun and positive experience for
the boys. There’s a great quote that says sports don’t build character but
rather reveal it. I found this to be true with Nathan and Jordan this season.
Nathan’s love and zest for life was evident when: he charged first base with
the bat in his hand, used it as a cane to approach the plate, road it like a
broomstick to approach the plate, yelled super hero tag lines while running the
bases, hugged his coach when he scored a run, told all his teammates they
played a good game, and ended every game by yelling “hey guys, let’s get some
snacks!”. Jordan’s tender heart and
attention to detail were evident when: he always wanted to know exactly where
to stand while playing each position, had me constantly tie the laces on his
glove, carefully set his batting helmet and his water at the end of the bench, and
when he cried because he missed shaking the opponents hands after the game because
he was trying to take off his catchers gear. It was a great season! Go Sharks!
Great job #4!
Way to go #5!
It's always cool when your mom crashes the team huddle to take your picture!
Best Buds!







No comments:
Post a Comment