Today was a big day at the Calvert house! Bryan and I finally caved into our kids and we have a puppy! Minnie is a miniature golden doodle and she completes our family so well. She’s playful, snuggly, cute, friendly, and smart. Gram stayed home with the kids while we drove about 80 miles to pick her up and come back. The kids were totall surprised! They had no idea we were getting a puppy today. This was the biggest secret I have ever had to keep. It was so worth it! I’ve felt a little guilty that our kids didn’t have a pet when they were studying graphs in first grade. One of the surveys was, “What kind of pet do you have at home?” Nate and JP were each one of two kids that didn’t have a pet. Total.mom.fail.moment. Up until this point our hands were full. But I said it in a previous post...that I am loving this big-kid-stage! The kids were all super helpful with Minnie today. Minnie will be so good for our hearts and therapy for our souls. I love her already.
We all stared at her all afternoon.
And when we weren’t staring at her, we were snuggling her.




No comments:
Post a Comment