Saturday, November 29, 2008

Bryan's Thanksgiving Day Cranberry Tradition

Every year at Thanksgiving, Bryan adds his own special touch to our Thanksgiving meal at my parents' house. You see, my mom always has the most beautiful table set up with the perfect dishes, the perfect centerpiece, and the perfect napkins! Bryan decided a few years ago that he would bring the cranberry sauce every year and to our family's surprise, he sculpted it into an art project. I'm sure my mom just loves Bryan's cranberry sauce creation on her perfect table! But, she is such a good sport! If you know my husband and his dad, you know that they never skip out on a chance for a laugh or a practical joke! Three years ago, Bryan made a turkey out of the cranberry sauce. Last year, the cranberry sauce had a Dallas Cowboys theme. And, this year, the cranberry sauce was in the shape of Minnie Mouse in honor of our sweet niece, Vivi. Vivi is obsessed with Minnie Mouse and Cinderella right now so she just looked and looked at the cranberry sauce in awe! Then, Mom's centerpiece for the table had pumpkins on it and Vivi pointed to the pumpkins and said "Bibbidi - Bobbidi - Boo!" I think she really thought they might turn into a carriage just like Cinderella's!


3 comments:

Amanda said...

Now that took some talent right there! I love what Vivi said about the pumpkins!

Janelle and Ella said...

That is so fun! Tell Bryan I am very impressed!

MamaCass said...

That is hilarious and quite impressive all in one! I am curious how that turkey looked now.