Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The Nursery

Jordan and Nathan's nursery is finally complete! We started with an adorable animal alphabet book that belonged to Bryan's Granny when she was a little girl. The note on the front, in his great grandmother's handwriting said the book was a gift from their landlord on Granny's 1st birthday. I had seen the book, a little torn and tattered, in a Rubbermaid tub at Granny's house a couple years ago. When I saw it, I said, "Oh those pages would frame so cute for a nursery one day." Granny remembered and wrapped it up for me for Christmas in 2007. At the time, Bryan and I were going through all sorts of fertility treatments that were not working. Granny had the sweetest note inside the book and I opened it in front of the whole family. I cried. Well, we all cried. Granny was believing God that one day we would have a nursery in our home and a perfect place for that precious book. Here we are!! I feel so blessed to know that Jordan and Nathan will be sleeping underneath a very powerful statement of faith! My dear teaching friend and mentor from school, had the four pages to the book framed for my baby gift. She couldn't have given us a more special gift!





My mom sewed the bedding, the pillow, the curtains, and the blanket. Isn't she talented?! My sister, Jennifer, made the canopies for the mobiles over the beds. And, my mom's friend, Vicki, found the perfect mobiles.



Now all we need is two little baby boys to fill the room with laughter, cries, coos, and love!

13 comments:

Megan said...

Ooo I love it! Those are some lucky boys!

Jill said...

It is even more precious in person! You all have done such a great job coordinating everything! I can't wait to see those boys in their precious room. Love you!

C:M:W said...

The nursery is so so so cute....It looks so warm and inviting. Your boys are going to love it!!!!!

Lindsey said...

The room looks great! Your Mom did such an awesome job. I can't wait to see pictures of your sweet boys in their room very soon!

Amber Rader said...

It's perfect!!! Rest up while you can :)

Amanda said...

The nursery looks amazing. I love the framed pictures from the book. What a meaningful gift!

Lora said...

Wow! This looks adorable! I wouldn't have expected any less :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Bec! Sooo good to see you guys tonight! I'm thankful you're doing well and the boys are growing and developing more and more each day! Can't wait to meet them! Here's Ashley's blog I was telling you about. I know you'll have some time on your hands for the next few days :) Love you, ash

Anonymous said...

Oops! Here it is!

http://www.austinandashleyevans.blogspot.com/

The Sotos said...

Oh Becca! I just love the nursery. Cant wait to meet your little guys!

Janelle and Ella said...

LOVE IT!! And it's so special I almost cried reading this. I am coming over next week to see you and this sweet room! I hope that's okay. :-)

Julie and Alberto Robles said...

Ooh, so precious and COZY!

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

Oh, Becca! It's adorable! I love it. So warm & snuggly!