Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Slow Down Summer!!

Our short summer months are flying by at the Calvert house.  It is always a special treat for the whole family to be home from school for a couple of months.  The day after we got back from the beach we celebrated Father's Day.  The boys and I got Bryan a new electric griddle so that he can perfect his pancake-making-skills.  The boys were so excited to see Daddy open his big present.  I did have pictures to post but I just noticed that Bryan is wearing black Nike ankle socks with his flip flops.  I thought that sight might be a little too scary to share on the world wide web.  But, it was a very special day.  Bryan is the greatest.  He never gets tired of playing/wrestling with Nathan and Jordan and he takes such good care of all three of us.  He is a great leader of our household and I praise the Lord for that.

We took Nathan and Jordan to a waterpark on Monday.  We had intentions of getting some great pictures of the boys playing in the water, but they were so crazy busy that neither of us could ever escape the toddler area to grab the camera and take some pictures.  They were hilarious!  I kind of thought that maybe I would leave with dry hair since we were playing in the shallow toddler area...no such luck.  I was soaked from head to toe when we left that place.  We are kicking ourselves for not buying season passes earlier in the summer.  There's always next year. 

Today we took the boys to our church preschool play day at a local petting zoo.  Jordan loved the animals from far away and Nathan wanted to dive right into the pens with the animals.  I have a few pictures from our animal adventures today. 

Nathan LOVED petting the goats.  He gave them lots of hugs.  Thank goodness they were friendly little goats!





Jordan preferred the bunny.  The bunny was soft, cuddly, still, and didn't make any funny noises...that's Jordy's kind of animal! He does NOT like surprises.

Oh, and the best news at our house is that we finally turned our guest bedroom into a playroom.  It is glorious!!  We bought some awesome storage cubbies at Ikea, cute canvas paintings and a great rug at Target.  VIOLA!  A play room for my wild and crazy BOYS!

So long for tonight...I'm off to get a few things done before my bedtime.  :)

4 comments:

Amber Rader said...

Looks like y'all are having a fun summer, but you're right, it's going by way too fast! Have a happy holiday weekend :)

Melissa said...

Your boys are so adorable!! Sounds like tons of fun at your house this summer! I'm going to have to get your list of local kid-friendly places to visit...you guys always seem to be on some great outing! BTW, there is a community pool near our house with a great toddler area...adults are $2 and kids under 2 are free! Have y'all been there?

Anonymous said...

Miss you friend! We need a phone conversation soon. Can't wait to see pics of your playroom. What a great space to have for the boys? Does that mean you get your dining room table back??

Angela said...

I bet they loved the animals. I was thinking about taking Ava to a waterpark...guess not a good idea?