Monday, July 12, 2010

More Summer Fun!

*This is Bryan* Sorry for the lack of updates this week. We have been dealing with two sick little boys. They both had a nasty little stomach bug and we spent most of our time doing laundry and trying to protect our furniture from projectile awfulness! I’m now convinced that home insurance should have a “toddler-projectile-puke-clause”! In between the bouts of sickness we did manage to take the boys to their first swim lessons. That was quite entertaining! After the first night Becca assigned me the task of holding onto Nater-tot! Jordan was content to be held or just sit on the edge and play with the basket of water toys, while Nathan just assumed he already knew how to swim! It was a full upper-body workout keeping that boy from jumping right out of my arms and into the pool!


Now we are in the process of packing for another long road trip (your prayers for safety and sanity are greatly appreciated!). We are heading to Georgia to visit all our family! I’m sure Becca will have an update when we return. Tonight we met up with my parents at Chick-fil-a so they could get some quality time with the boys before we leave. They were keeping Bryce and Brayden tonight so Chick-fil-a was the only place we could go without getting asked to leave! The boys had a great time, they love chasing after their big cousins.
I love watching my boys play together. I’m so thankful that they have each other. I pray that their souls will be knit together like David and Jonathan (1 Sam. 18:1) and that they will always look after, encourage, love, and spur each other on toward love and good deeds! I pray that they will each love Jesus deeply and that they will walk with Him all the days of their lives. Every boy needs a best friend, someone to keep them “sharp” and hold them accountable. What a special blessing it is to be able to grow up with one under the same roof! “Iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.” Proverbs 27:17


These are some of my favorite things the boys are doing right now.

1. Nathan and Jordan have learned to give high-fives

2. Jordan sings all the high notes of his favorite songs

3. Nathan climbs on every single piece of furniture we own

4. Jordan can act like a sheep, horse, cow, and duck.

5. Nathan loves to be read to and will bring us books until the shelf is empty

6. Every time I get near the floor the boys think it’s an invitation to wrestle!

7. Both boys love our dog Cooper and have to tell him goodbye every time we leave the house

8. Jordan gives kisses

9. Nate gives hugs (and bites)

10. Both boys like to get my remote and have me chase them around the house

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love a daddy bloggin exclusive from you! So sweet.....