Thursday, January 19, 2012

Being Nathan's Dad

Some things I don’t want to forget about Nathan from the past year:


• You are growing up so fast, I notice myself calling you “Tot” and “Nater-Tot” less and less, and you used to tell people that your name was “Tot” but now you say “my name is NATHAN JOEL!”
• You are carefree, easy going, and slow to anger
• You are friendly and always tell everyone bye when you leave somewhere
• You LOVE to wrestle, climb, be flipped, thrown, tickled, etc.
• You love to sleep late and always tell us that your “peepy” (sleepy) when you wake up
• You still love “boo kanket” (Blue Blanket)
• You tell people that the girl on the raisin box looks like your momma
• You love “bad guys” and pretend to be one and “get people”
• Favorite villains: Captain Hook, Big Robot, Darth Vader, Chick Hicks, Grim & Acer
• You make me pretend to be a robot, put on your cape, and attack me!
• You love Larry Boy and Veggie Tales
• You are “silly” during naptime at school and have had to visit the directors office for special talks
• You are always the first one to be found during hide-n-seek because you giggle uncontrollably
• You spill something, or several things, at EVERY meal, EVERY meal.
• You like to ask people, “you happy?” and then you always follow up with “I happy!” and “be happy!”
• You do a great impression of Darth Vader, Chewbacca, and like to use your finger as a laser
• You are fearless
• Favorite sayings: “sorry dad, it just an accident”, “excuse me guys”, “how it work?”
• You have accidently head butted me, racked me, and poked me in the eyeball more times than I can count
• Sometimes, for no particular reason, you decide it’s better to be naked, strip off your clothes and run around (thankfully this has not happened at church or school)
• You are sweet, funny, and energetic
• You like to come to games at my school and when I tell you I’m going to work you respond, “At the basketball games?”
• You love to watch football with me so I have to keep old games on the DVR because you don’t understand why football is not on anytime you want it!
• You are incredibly polite for a toddler, always please, thank you, excuse me, and “you welcome”




-Bryan

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Awww, I am missing the boys in a big way tonight! I love that Tot - always ready with a smile and a hug. He definitely has a zest for life and for the people around him. Happy Birthday, Nathan Joel!!!