We spent the day after Christmas at my parents' house. We are so thankful for our parents that help to make Christmas so special every year.
Nathan and Jordan enjoyed playing outside for a while.
Then, the kids enjoyed a fun game of Jingo (A Christmas themed Bingo game) with MeMe! So fun! Jordy got so excited with every match on his card. He loves to find "matches." This reminds me of a little Jordy story that I must record here for myself. The other day, the boys wanted a "special treat" (dessert) after lunch. So, I told them they could each have three M&Ms. They were totally okay with three M&Ms. Well, until Jordy picked three and realized he had two green M&Ms and those matched. But, he had only one red M&M and it had no match. He looked so stressed. Bless his little perfectionist heart. I gave him one more green M&M to match the other green M&M and all was right with Jordy's world. HA! No more odd numbers for Jordan. And, if you know my husband, you would know it's in Jordan's genes. It just is.
Jordan took it upon himself to sit at the table of appetizers and munch on all the "Christmas chips."
COUSINS! We were so excited to have my sister and her girls here for Christmas...all the way from CALI!
My handsome boys...
Our Little Family...
MeMe and Grandad and all four of their grandkids...these four kiddos sure do think their grandparents are AWESOME. And they are. We hardly make it a whole day without the boys asking to go to MeMe's house.
My beautiful sister and me...she is really fabulous.
My handsome hubby and Me
Vivi got her very first American Girl doll from MeMe. Her name is Rebecca and she is just beautiful. I'm pretty sure this is a "right of passage" for all little girls. It's a pretty special Christmas when you get your first American Girl doll.
Nathan and Jordan were thrilled with their new tool belts and drills...they thought they needed to "fix" everything.
I had to add this last picture because I thnk it's so sweet to see cousins sharing their new toys.
Thanks to MeMe and Grandad for a very special day.
We also enjoyed hearing Vivi, Nathan, and Jordan "read" the Christmas story from the Bible that evening.
In Vivi's version, she told the story just beautifully from a great five year old perspective but I did get a little tickled when "the wise men just skipped on over to see Baby Jesus."
In Jordan's version, "Mary ride on a donkey. Baby Jesus in a manger. Shepherds came. They said "Ha ha ha." The donkeys said "Hee haw, hee haw." I done."
In Nathan's version, "Mary and Joseph and de de de de de de. And Baby Jesus. De de de de de de de de. And, the sheperds. De de de de de de."
How precious it is to have your child stand in front of family and proclaim the Birth of Jesus! Thank goodness I have it on video. It will be one I will replay many many times over the years.




No comments:
Post a Comment