Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Hospital Day 13

Today marks 25 weeks in my pregnancy...so glad to have made it 13 days since I was admitted to the hospital.  We had a scary Sunday and Monday but everything calmed down by Tuesday mid-morning.  I started contracting on Sunday.  They quickly transferred me to Labor and Delivery.  Then, the doctors ordered me to be on a Magnesium IV drip.  That Magnesium is tough stuff.  It made me feel like my body was hot from the inside.  I was super drowsy, couldn't use my arms and legs much, and my vision was like crosseyed.  However, after about 27 hours of that stuff, they took me off and my contractions subsided.  I had a few more contractions yesterday morning and had to get a terbutaline injection in my arm.  Again my contractions subsided and I have been in the clear for a good 24 hours now. Whew!  I cried big tears when they transferred me to Labor and Delivery on Sunday night.  Bryan was a mess too.  Ugh.
I was scared.  We just did not want these babies to be born yet.  It's a really scary thought to know what your little bitty babies might have to endure if they are born so early.  I was reminded that everything over our head is still under the feet of Jesus.  For Ephesians 1:22-23 says...

"And He put all things in subjection under His feet, and gave Him as head over all things to the church, which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all."

This whole situation and the birthdate of our babies is completely out of our control.  All we can do is pray, follow doctors' instructions, and praise God for each day he gives us in between.  Bryan and I are so grateful for all of the prayers, phone calls, texts, emails, visits, and cards from friends and family.  It means the world to us to know we have such a great support system behind us.  We are so humbled by the love you have shown our family.  

Last Saturday night, Bryan brought the boys up to the hospital in their pajamas to read stories with me and tell me goodnight.  This is Jordan sitting in my bed pretending he has babies in his belly.  Cracks me up!!  


3 comments:

Amber Rader said...

Oh Becca, I'm so glad you're feeling better today. Thanks for the updates, and as always, you're in my prayers!

Angela said...

Praying for all of you! Pregnancy is hard stuff, this I know for sure! Hang in there!

Unknown said...

Becca, I am praying for you and all 4 of your sweet babies. You are one tough mama! I know you don't have a lot of choice right now, but take care of yourself. You are precious!

Much love,
Mary Plemons