Today was my 29th day at the hospital. Christmas is getting closer, just 11 days away. And as it approaches, I have to admit I am getting quite a bit homesick. I was sent to Labor and Delivery again this week. I spent Tuesday night in a Labor and Delivery room due to contractions again. I was so uncomfortable that night. If you are not aware, those labor and delivery beds are like a gym mat with a sheet over it. I had to wear a hospital gown (never comfortable, right?). I was hooked up to an IV. I couldn't sleep that night and finally after tossing and turning I broke down to tears at about 2:30 in the morning. Poor Bryan. Thank goodness he was there that night. He calmed me down and I went to sleep about an hour later. This means Bryan got about 2 hours sleep before work the next day. Needless to say, he was just a little tired! On Wednesday, I was moved back to a comfortable antepartum room. I was so relieved to be back to a long term room. Now I have had a couple of pretty good days. We will make it through this. I am sure we will eventually look back and think the time went by fast. I know it will all be worth it when Carson and Harper are born. I had a sonogram yesterday. Carson is estimated to weigh 2 pounds 9 ounces and Harper is estimated to weigh 2 pounds 14 ounces. I was elated to hear how well the babies are growing and the fact that they have both gained about 13 ounces in two weeks. What a blessing!
What I've learned this week: There will be breakdowns. It's okay to cry until my eyes are dry sometimes. It's okay to feel homesick and wish I was enjoying Christmas with my family. Even though there are those moments, we are not alone. The Lord picked me up and gave me another day...another day to keep my babies safe in my tummy.
I am 27 weeks 2 days pregnant now. We are praying for at least 5 more days and hoping the Lord blesses us with more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
You're doing awesome! I was getting updates from Jacki while in Nicaragua. You and the babies are in God's hands, and they'll be here exactly when He wants them to...I've got you on the top of my prayer list! Love ya :)
Becca,
We are praying without ceasing in East Texas!
Love, The Chaffin's
Praying with you!
Post a Comment