Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Living for Wednesdays!

It's Wednesday again! That means I made it another full week. I am 32 weeks today which is another great milestone. Originally, this is the ultimate goal my doctor gave me. Honestly, I'm pretty sure none of the doctors expected me to make it this far. Now, they tell me that they will schedule a CSection a couple days after I make it to 34 weeks. I am having small battles with contractions pretty often but the terbutaline injections are still able to calm those down. The babies were measured on a sonogram last Thursday. Harper was estimated to be 4 pounds 4 ounces and Carson was estimated to be 3 pounds 12 ounces. I am already so proud of those two munchkins! The Perinatal Specialist showed me on the sonogram the difference between Harper's lungs and Carson's lungs. Carson's lungs are smaller. This is to be expected because he hasn't had amniotic fluid to swallow and strengthen his lungs. Please pray specifically for the development of his lungs these next two weeks. The Lord has had mercy on us and He has done more than we ever asked or imagined.

"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen." Ephesians 3:20-21

Thank you for continuing to pray for us as we plow through this journey. We are overwhelmed with the love shown to our family.

2 comments:

Sars said...

YAY! YAY! YAY! SO proud of you & your family.

Mindy Reeves said...

Becca, I want to tell you how you and those two babies have blessed me. I have been following your blog and updates each week. As I am making adjustments currently for my little growing girl, those babies and have provided such peace to me. Those two precious babies have already touched lives before being born. It has reminded me of Gods promises. His strength and the strength He can give us all. I was really not sure I would have any children after Brayson. I now have Landon and baby Madison on the way. We always think of how the Lord is preparing teenagers. Rarely do we think of how the Lord is preparing toddlers or babies. I know the Lord is preparing you, your boys, and those babies for great things. Thank you for being open with your experience. I cannot wait to meet them! Xoxo Mindy