Monday, December 2, 2013

Life according to Tot…


Our Nathan (Nater-Tot) cracks us up daily. We always regret not writing down some of the funny and sweet things he says and does so I thought I would document a few of his most recent “Tot-like” moments.

While playing with a neighbor friend upstairs we overheard:
Jordan: “Hey, ya’ll want to play Jesus?” (Referring to the Nativity scene)
Neighbor: “What?”
Nathan: “You know Jesus, umm, he made us.”
Neighbor: “Yea, he lived like 9 million years ago”
Nathan: “Yeah, I know that, I met him when he was a baby.”
Neighbor: “I don’t think so, you’re only four.”
Nathan: “Yeah, I met him when I was 3”

Over breakfast before church:

Me: “Boys, do you know what bible verse I want you to learn this week?”
Nathan: “Umm, Santa Claus is coming to town?”

After his Aunt Morgan’s wedding:

Nathan: “now Chris is Uncle Chris and Morgan is a lady…”
Me: “What do you mean, she’s a lady? She was already a lady.”
Nathan: “Well, you told me that at the wedding, that Morgan is a lady now.”
Me: “oh, no I said LANEY, that’s her new last name.”
Nathan: “that sounds silly”

While listening to Charlotte’s Web:

Me: “so Charlotte has a plan to save Wilbur. What do you think is going to happen in the next chapter?”
Nathan: “She’s going to hide in that barn, jump out, and then shoot her webs at those guys who are trying to make Wilbur into bacon.”

How he starts every sentence:

Nathan: “hey daddy-need to tell you something…”

How he exits the van:

By pretending his ears are suction cups, then leaps side-ways while sticking his ear to your chest, forcing
you to catch him and yells, “Super suction ears!”, or “Larry-Boy!”

Over dinner:

Nathan: “Mama, need to tell you something. Some kids don’t have parents right?”
Becca: “That’s right, some kids don’t. Isn’t that sad?”
Nathan: “uh-huh…like Annie and Pepper.” (from the movie Annie)

Nathan: “Daddy, need to tell you something….I think Granny looks like Ms. Hannigan. That’s silly, right?” (from the movie Annie)

A note from his pre-school teacher:

“Nathan loved making his turkey hat today and even told us that he was going to GOBBLE US ALL UP!!!”
Me: (laughing) “Nathan, did you tell your teachers that you were going to gobble them all up?”
Nathan: “No. I just told Ms. Rachel that. I’m just going to gobble up Ms. Rachel, not my other one.”

 Tot-isms:
·         Falling out of his chair several times a day
·         Putting his pants on backwards
·         Giving hugs
·         Describing the entire plot of a movie that he has only seen a commercial for
·         Remembering details from vacations, movies, commercials, and books
·         Repeating lines and laughing so hard during movies that he makes other people in the theatre laugh
·         Thinking everything is funny
·         Talking about “all his cousins”
·         Pretending to be a Super Hero or Villain
·         Referring to almost anything as “my favorite!”


This kid loves life, loves his family, and loves to have a good time! I pray that he never loses his joy for life.

(posted by Bryan)


No comments: