Saturday, January 24, 2009

Home Sweet Home!

I was released from the hospital late Friday afternoon. I am on very strict bed rest orders and we have a home healthcare system that has supplied us with a home contraction monitor. I have to hook myself up to the monitor twice day for an hour each time and then the information is transmitted through the Internet to a nurse. The nurse reads the information and calls me with any instructions. I also have a medication pump in my leg that drips medicine constantly to keep the contractions under control. I am so glad to be home!!

This bed rest thing is hard! All I want to do right now is walk around the block or go to Target or something. Janelle brought me some puzzles yesterday and Jill brought by some movies today. We have a friend from my school bringing our supper tonight and another friend coming by to visit tonight. We are overwhelmed with the support we have received from friends and family helping to pass the time. Thank you to all of you that are praying for us and thinking about us.

Much Love,
Becca

8 comments:

Amber Rader said...

I'm glad you were able to come home! It's funny, I was asking for prayers about you at our bible study, and it turns out you work with Jacki Dennis (that's whose house we meet at). Her husband's an elder at our church. Small world!

Megan said...

glad you are home!

Amanda said...

Becca, that's so great that you get to be home. I hope the time flies by quickly for you. Another friend of mine from church had her twins this morning (after 3 rounds of IVF). She was only 28.5 weeks. They are each 2 pounds. I don't know any other details, but please pray for them if you think about it. I have been such a mess thinking about those sweet ones. Needless to say, it was great to see some good news on your blog today! Love you!

Unknown said...

What fun to finally read your blog!!! I loved it. The pictures are perfect!!! I'm so glad you're resting at home, now. I will keep in touch with you and continue to pray for these next two weeks for you, too.

Janelle and Ella said...

I am so glad you were able to go home!! That is SO wild about how they transmit your monitors through the internet. That is so great!

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

Becca! I just read all your latest entries! Praying for y'all, and glad you're home. Try to enjoy the bedrest, and embrace it...relax, eat good food, read good magazines!

And boys, stay put for another two weeks!

Anonymous said...

Praise Jesus! I am praying for all 4 of you daily! Specifically, two healthy boys, a healthy and comfortable momma and a rested and de-stressed dad! I would love to bring a little fun basket over this Friday. I'll call you before I come. Love you! ash

Kristin said...

Janelle sent me your blog, and I am so excited to read that you are home from the hospital and your boys are going to get to grow for a few more weeks! I will be praying that they stay put and meet all the developmental markers that they need!!!!